Friday, September 26, 2014

Week 4: Material Girl

This week I will be reviewing the Sherri Hill Spring 2015 collection. Ever since I was young, I loved going shopping with my mom and admiring formal and elaborate dresses, and even to this day I will find myself browsing the internet for couture gowns (even though I would never have the opportunity to where them.. but a girl can dream). Of course with recently graduating high school, I have some experience with hunting for the perfect dress for prom, during that time I discovered that Sherri Hill was definitely my favourite out of the designers who made similar dresses and I ended up purchasing one for my prom.

This month, Sherri Hill revealed her new Spring 2015 collection during the annual Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week at the Plaza Hotel. Sherri Hill mainly focuses on prom dress designs, however this collection also features some shorter cocktail dresses as well. The elements that stood out the most to me from this collection was high necklines, tons of beading and also bohemian inspired designs. The entire collection is exquisite and very original, there are numerous different styles, silhouettes, colours and patterns to satisfy every girls dreams.

Personally, I really like how Sherri Hill incorporates current trends from day to day clothing items, this collection features many two-piece dresses that resemble the trend of crop tops, which have been huge for the past couple of years. I think these cropped designs add a little bit of edge to the classic full length silhouette and are perfect for all of the risk taking fashion girls out there. Below is one of my favourites of the two-piece style dresses from the collection.

                                                         (http://instagram.com/sherrihill)

My favourite trend to hit the runway was the bohemian inspired dresses. These gowns are very unique and unexpected, incorporating laid back cream coloured crochet lace designs while also adding embellishment achieved a beautiful mash up of a free spirited but yet upscale feel... Amazing! Here is my favourite dress from the collection that exhibits this style:

(http://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/model-walks-the-runway-during-the-sherri-hill-runway-show-news-photo/455279972)

Overall, I don't have any negative comments about this collection. In fact I greatly admire Sherri Hill on her ability to experiment with unique and daring concepts and ultimately never fails to impress me her creativity. The only downfall is that the prices are rather steep, usually ranging from $400 up to more than $1000, However if by change if any of you girls out there are looking for a dress for a formal occasion, I would recommend checking out this collection. From owning one of Sherri Hills products myself, I can confirm that the quality is excellent and I am sure that same quality will carry over to her new 2015 collection as well. 

Also visit the Sherri Hill website, www.sherrihill.com 







No comments:

Post a Comment